June 2020: We have reopened for in-center classes, and we will continue to offer AT HOME alternatives for those who are not ready.We are enrolling new students right now!
Our method uses pencil & paper.
Less screen time is better for everyone, and writing by hand creates better memorization.
Our system gives you structure.
All our booklets are sequenced in a step-by step layout with mastery standards.
Help sessions scheduled on demand.
We are now offering phone and online help in addition to the explanations already in each booklet.
Gain real academic progress.
Use all this extra time at home to make excellent strides in math and reading while school is disrupted.
Gideon Math & Reading – Central Frisco
Google RatingBased on 36 reviews
Gideon Central Frisco
Regular Class Hours – updated June 2020
Monday: 3 PM – 6 PM
Wednesday: 3 PM – 6 PM
Saturday: 10 AM – 12 PM
This owner’s other center, SW McKinney, on Custer and Hwy 121 is open Tues./Thurs./Sat.
New student placement evaluations are done by appointment. – LINK
Young Learners with 2:1 Student to Teacher Ratio
YL Math: $185*/month
YL Reading: $185*/month
YL Math & Reading: $320*/month
Independent Learners with 4:1 Student to Teacher Ratio
IL Math: $165*/month
IL Math Extended: $220*/month
IL Reading: $165*/month
IL Math & Reading: $295*/month
*Pricing may differ for special needs or higher levels.
Registration Fee: $65/student
There are no long-term contracts, only month to month.
Pay 4 months in advance to receive a one $30 discount per subject off the total.
Pay 8 months in advance to receive a one $60 discount per subject off the total.
- Prepays are non-refundable.
As of August 2019
At what age can my student start attending?
- We work with students aged four and up who are able to focus for 10-15 minutes.
How many times a week will my student come to the center and for how long is each visit?
- April 2020: Due to COVID-19, we are offering the Gideon at Home Correspondence Plan with online sessions using the same booklets.
- Most students attend twice a week for center visits and complete Gideon assignments at home the other days. However, you can come once a week or request extra classes for an additional fee.
- Each center visit is typically 20 - 30 minutes per subject to do individual daily assignments, complete any old corrections, and review new material. A Gideon instructor will be at the table with the students to assist as needed. We maintain a 2:1 student to teacher ratio for Young Learners (aged 4-8) or 4:1 ratio for Independent Learners (aged 9 and up).
What level of work will my student be doing?
- During the free placement evaluation, we will find a 'just right' point in the Gideon curriculum based on what skills your student shows as mastered in order to fill any holes and gaps in his foundation. Read more about the importance of mastering lower levels HERE. Download a full curriculum listing HERE.
- Our goal is to build confidence through mastery with progress right from the start to encourage focus and concentration.
Does Gideon work with students with learning differences such as dyslexia?
- Yes, the Gideon program works well for most students, including those with learning differences. While school must continue on its schedule, we have the luxury to allow the student to set the pace and do any extra practice needed to truly master each level. If your student has dyslexia, read THIS to find out why Gideon is a good solution.
Does Gideon work with students with special needs such as autism?
- Yes, the Gideon program works with many special needs students. We can evaluate further if Gideon is a good fit when we meet your student during the free placement evaluation.
How do we get the MOST out of Gideon?
- Simply doing the daily work consistently will result in great progress, but review these tips for parents HERE.
Let's get started.
Schedule your FREE online student placement evaluation below. Call us to request a time not listed.
That’s one step closer to mastery!
Learn as young as four.
Children can start learning to read and do basic math around age four and up.
Remove the school struggle.
Reduce homework stress by solidifying the foundation and filling in any holes and gaps.
Set a comfortable pace.
Your child will progress through the step-by-step curriculum at his or her own speed.
Master beyond grade level.
Without any pressure of grades, your student can tackle new concepts not yet learned in school.
Welcome Frisco and McKinney neighbors! At Gideon Math & Reading, we are a family business!
I, Aarti Dewan, am a mother, a teacher, and a Gideon Math & Reading owner and director. After acquiring my Texas teaching certification through SMU, I spent several years teaching in both private and public schools and also began to tutor. My husband and I chose to raise our children here because we saw the value placed on family and education. As my own children began school, I searched for an enrichment program that would give them a strong academic foundation and help them develop discipline. We ended up at Gideon Math & Reading, and I was so impressed with their philosophy and curriculum that I opened my own center in 2014! The community’s response to our Frisco center was so exciting! We wanted the Gideon benefits to be accessible to even more area families, so we added the McKinney center in 2018.
I strive to provide an overall experience that I would like for myself and my own children with flexible class scheduling, reports after each class, and periodic conferences. Your child will reap the benefits of a personalized, customized approach with lessons based on your child’s ability and mastery, not a ‘grade’ or ‘age’ assignment. You benefit from a ‘team’ approach of the director & teachers giving parents personal attention and continual feedback.
Every child will gain knowledge and skills, increased confidence, and self-discipline! We hope to grow their enthusiasm for and enjoyment in learning! I invite you to join our Gideon family! My pledge to you is my tireless time and dedication to your child’s growth. Watch your child gain confidence through mastery!
Give us a call today and find out more about our program!
Frisco Location-Preston at Stonebrook 469-305-7107
McKinney Location-121 at Custer (near Target) – 214-774-2053